The Simon Lau Centre understands that clients and students care about the use and storage of their personal information and we have created this Policy statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy.
This Policy must be read carefully as important information relating to who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal data, your rights and how we can be contacted in the event of the need to report a concern about the way in which your data is processed.
Who are we?
The Simon Lau Centre is based in 28 Old Brompton Road, South Kensington, London, SW7 3DL.
For the purposes of the GDPR, the Simon Lau Centre is the ‘controller’ of the personal data you provide to us.
If you have any queries about this Policy, the way in which we process personal data, or about exercising any of your rights, please send an email to email@example.com or write to the Simon Lau Centre at 28 Old Brompton Road, South Kensington, London, SW7 3DL.
By using the Simon Lau Centre, our Website, our social media pages, or dedicated telephone helpline and any of our services, you are acknowledging that we are processing your personal information and, where necessary consenting to such practices, as outlined in this Policy.
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect and process the following personal data:
Information you provide to us:
- complete a form on our Website;
- complete a registration form
- make or manage a booking either personally or on behalf of someone else
- provide feedback in a form or survey as part of your experience in using our service(s);
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or in writing;
- report a problem, complaint or dispute with us or are involved in a legally recordable incident at our premises (e.g. in relation to health and safety matters);
- create an account with us;
- sign up to receive our communications;
- enter into an agreement/contract with us to receive products and/or services,
your personal information may be collected in the above ways, including the following about you (and others if their personal information is provided by you):
Information collected about you
We may automatically collect the following details if you visit our Website or contact us via telephone, email or via correspondence:
- Your full name
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Payment details
- Voice recordings
- Identification information (e.g. passports, drivers’ licences or similar identity cards
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address you used, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- details regarding your visit to our Website such as your search terms and viewed pages etc.
Information that may be received from third parties
Information may also be received about you from other sources, which may be added to the information already held about you on our database. This ensures that the quality of data we hold on you is accurate and up to date. Other sources may also include social media providers such as Twitter and Facebook or from third party websites where you have provided comment(s) or feedback about us.
We may also receive information about you from third parties, when they register to receive products and/or services from us.
Information relating to other people
Where information is provided by you to us about any person other than yourself, who may have an interest in matters relating to you, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used, and that they give their permission to you to disclose it to us, as well as for us, our contractors or service providers, to use it.
Sensitive personal data
In certain limited cases, we may collect certain sensitive personal data from you including that about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, physical or mental health, or details of criminal offences, or genetic or biometric data). In such circumstances your explicit consent will be requested.
How your personal data is used
Personal data will be collected from you in order for us to prepare, fulfill our obligations under a contract or the booking of our services.
Contractual relationship: we may use your personal data to fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract:
- to provide the products and/or services to you;
- to create and to maintain an account for you in relation to your booking and to update our records;
- to communicate with you regarding the provision of contracted products and services by us;
- to provide administrative support to you such as account creation etc.;
to provide you with information about our training, seminars, events, offers and promotions, related to the products and/or services;
- to amend or cancel bookings or services;
- to keep you updated on matters affecting your booking, such as changes that may affect a booking or changes to our terms and conditions of booking;
to provide you with requested information where you have made an enquiry made by you; or
- to provide assistance in completing bookings where you have previously notified us of your intentions to make a booking; in such circumstances we will contact you through reminder emails or via telephone.
With your consent: we may:
- process credit/debit card details given to us by you in situations such as where installment payments have been agreed by you and us in completing the contract or booking.
- use your feedback of your experience in using our services in creating a profile about you for marketing purposes.
- maintain records which indicates your consent to status so that your wishes are accurately reflected during communications with you.
Legitimate interests: where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests are:
- providing you with information about our new or existing training courses, seminars, events, offers, and promotions, related to products and services offered by the Simon Lau Centre which may be of interest to you;
- for market research where your feedback may be required (and others if their personal information is provided by you) about your experience using our services/products as part of our goal to improve our customer services;
- to monitor calls and to improve staff performance and services;
to improve our product and services;
- liaising with you in relation to any issues, complaints, or disputes;
- to improve the quality of your experience when products and/or services is used by you;
- performing analytics on sales/marketing data and measuring the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
- developing, improving, and delivering marketing and advertising for products and services offered by the Simon Lau Centre.
NOTE: on the basis of legitimate interests set out below, you have the legal right to object to the processing of your personal data. These are set out in Your rights below.
Obligations under Law: we will process your personal data if required by law. This includes responding to requests by government or law enforcement authorities, or for the prevention of crime or fraud.
Marketing: Promotional material in relation to our new training courses, seminars, events, special offers or other information may be sent to you periodically. This is usually done by using the contact details such as your email addresses and phone numbers provided to us by you.
Contact is usually made on the assumption, under our legitimate interests to promote similar goods and services that you have either previously received or enquired about, that you are willing to receive this information unless you have specified otherwise. You have the right at any time to request that we stop contacting you with such information.
We will request for your permission for further contact from us by asking you to indicate this either by providing a tick or inserting your consent in the relevant boxes on our Website, documentation or over the telephone. You may opt out of this at any time that you wish.
As part of our goal to improve our services, we may from time to time also contact you using the information that you have provided to us to ask about your experience in using our services or products.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Only those with authorised permission at the Simon Lau Centre can access your personal data. This is restricted to those who have a genuine business need to know it.
All reasonable steps will be taken to ensure the protection of your personal data.
Your personal data may also be shared with trusted third parties including:
- analytics and search engine providers that provides services in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
- legal and law enforcement officers or advisors and other professional experts;
- those who provide contractual services to us, including those for IT support.
For the groups of people above, we will take all reasonable steps to remind them of their legal obligations in relation to the confidentiality, security, and lawful processing of any personal data shared with them. This may be done via contract.
Where a third party recipient is located outside the European Economic Area, safeguard measures will be in place to ensure that the transfer of personal data is protected. This may include, but not limited to the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission where the data protection authority is of the view that there is a lack of the requisite data protection laws.
Personal data will also be shared with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Your data will be retained for a range of purposes which determine the period of time for which we need to keep such information.
|The existence of a contract between us
||for the duration of the contract and 6 years following termination or expiry. This is for the purpose of complying with any contractual, legal, audit or other regulatory requirements.
||3 years from the point of last contact/communication with you.
You may unsubscribe from this at any time by informing us via email.
Where is your personal data stored and how is it protected?
These are stored in secure data centres in the UK or European Union with reasonable steps in place to protect it from loss, destruction or suspected data security breach. Where this is suspected, we will notify you and any applicable regulator under our legal obligations.
If you are allocated a username or password (or other identification information) which enables you to access certain services or parts of our Website, you must keep this information safe and not to share it with anyone.
As information transmitted via the internet is not completely secure (though all reasonable steps will be taken to protect your personal data), the security of this information cannot be guaranteed during its transmission to our Website; this will be done at your own risk. We will apply strict procedures and security measures upon receipt of your personal data, in order to prevent unauthorised access.
Under the GDPR, you have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
The right to access information we hold about you
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you by contacting us at the email or postal address given below. We will respond within 30 days of request.
This right may be denied in certain circumstances such as where the information would reveal personal data about another person, or where there is a legal reason for withholding such information.
The right to rectification
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal data accurate and up to date. Should any of your details change or require amendments, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The right to erasure
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data where:
- the purpose of holding this information no longer exists;
- you withdraw your consent to processing;
- there is no overriding legitimate interest for the processing of your personal data;
- your personal data has been unlawfully processed.
Please contact us should you wish for your personal data to be erased.
The right to object
In exceptional cases, you have the right to request the Simon Lau Centre to stop processing your data. Upon receipt of your request, we shall respond by advising you whether we are able to comply or if there any legitimate grounds for continuing. If there is no further need to process your data, we may continue to hold it to comply with your other rights.
The right to restrict processing
You can request to restrict the further processing of your personal data. This can be done under certain circumstances such as where:
- the accuracy of this information is contested and is being verified by us;
- you have objected on the grounds of legitimate interests which will be considered by us if any; or
- it is considered to be unlawful and you request that processing is restricted as oppose to it being deleted.
The right to data portability
Under certain circumstances, you can request that some of your personal data is provided to you, or to another data controller.
This will be complied with where it is feasible to do so.
Where this is not possible under an exception of the GDPR, we will explain this to you in our response.
If you have any queries about this Policy, the way in which the Simon Lau Centre processes personal data, or about exercising any of your rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Simon Lau Centre, 28 Old Brompton Road, South Kensington, London, SW7 3DL.
If you have any reasons to believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, and your concerns have not been resolved by us, you may lodge a complaint to the applicable supervisory authority or to seek a remedy through the courts.
Changes to our Policy
Further changes made to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, you will be notified by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy.
Our contact details
Simon Lau Centre
28 Old Brompton Road
Tel: 020 7581 1118